** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** ** **
We respect the privacy of those who visit our web site. In accordance with this, we have created this policy in order to demonstrate our privacy commitment to our users:
This policy does not apply to the practices of organizations that we do not own or control, or to people that we do not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
We collect personally identifiable information when you register on our website, when you use our services, and when you visit our pages. We may also receive personally identifiable information from third parties.
When you register with us, we ask for your name, email address, zip code, occupation, industry, and personal interests. Once you register with us and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us.
We use this information for three general purposes: to customize the content you see, to fulfill your requests for certain services, and to contact you about services.
We also automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. This information is not linked to your account and will not be used to identify you.
Information Sharing and DisclosureWe will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to anyone.
We will send personally identifiable information about you to other companies or people when
We have your consent to share the information;
We respond to subpoenas, court orders or legal process; or
We find that your actions on our web sites violate the Terms of Service
Questions or Suggestions
If you have questions or suggestions send an email to us.
In order to run any SHM event runners agree the following disclaimer and to the Terms & Conditions:
I declare I will abide by the age limits set for the event and will abide by the laws and rules of the Sharda Half Marathon (SHM). I declare that I will not compete in the race unless I am medically fit on the day of the race and that, in any event, I will compete at my own risk. I accept that the organisers, sponsors, partners, marshals will not be liable for any loss, damage, action, claim, costs or expenses, which may arise in consequence of my participation of the event. I also hereby give my permission to Sharda Half Marathon (SHM) organisers to use my name, quotes, video and photographic likeness for marketing and promotional purposes. I also agree terms and conditions before I will run any SHM event."
The following event rules and guidelines are intended to help produce and direct a large scale event, to ensure the safety of all participants, to meet the requirements of local government permitsPARTICIPATION
1. Each entrant can register either online or offline and get unique registration Id.
2. An email address is required for all entries. All correspondence will be via email.
3. Your email address will be passed to our official marathon photographers for the purpose of posting a link to your official race certificate and your official race photos, timings and any other relevant information.
4. Each entrant is automatically signed up to the marathon newsletter and event information. Entrants can opt out at any time
5. To register for the marathon, you must be 18 years of age or older on event day.
6. To register for the SHM (Sharda Half Marathon) you must be 17 years of age or older on event day.
7. Each participant must agree to the disclaimer and Terms & Conditions before participating in the event.
8. All participants take part at their own risk and a disclaimer waiving all claims against SHM Events and any party acting on its behalf must be completed by all entrants.
10. Other races within the SHM have their own course time limit as shown under the event information and must be completed, start line to finish line, within the specific event time requirement.
11. The event time requirement and age minimum apply to all forms of entry and event participation.
12. All participants must provide their full name and details of any health problems or medication upon entry on the day of participation
13. By taking part, all participants confirm that they are happy for their names and any footage or photographs taken during their participation to be used to publicise by SHM & Its promoters.
14. Any participant seeking accommodation in respect of a disability must submit a written request to the Registration Manager.
15. Participant race number bibs are specific personal identifiers and may not be exchanged with or transferred/ sold to any other person. Sale and/or transfer of race entry/bibs are strictly prohibited and will result in the disqualification and/or banning of any individuals involved from future events.
16. All postal entries must arrive before the event closing date. Proof of postage must be obtained for postal entries, no responsibility will be accepted for lost, damaged, illegible, delayed or mislaid entries.EVENT DAY
1. Participants must follow instructions as given from all event officials including race staff, volunteers, medical personnel, security officers and city officials throughout the duration of the event.
2. All participants are expected to conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner during their participation in the event. This means, for example, that urinating or defecating anywhere on or near the course shall be strictly prohibited except in toilet facilities. Anyone violating this rule of conduct shall be disqualified from the event and will be asked to leave the course.
3. Every participant shall be provided with an event bib number, which shall be conspicuously worn on the front (and back when applicable) during the event. The event bib number is to be worn as issued. No participant shall be permitted to participate in the event without the appropriate bib number.
4. All participants must acknowledge and agree that personal information (including medical information submitted or collected by event medical staff during or after the Event) can be stored, used and disclosed by the SHM & it’s in connection with the organization, promotion and administration of the event and for the compilation of statistical information.THE START
1. Participants must begin the event during the official recognized starting times.
2. All participants must be positioned behind the starting line when starting.COURSE MONITORING
1. Any participant who refuses to obey the directions of the event official, city official or course marshal, or who conducts himself/herself in an unsportsmanlike manner, or who is offensive by action or language to officials, volunteers, participants or spectators may be disqualified from the event and banned from future participation in any SHM event at the discretion of race officials.
2. Any participant who has been found by a course marshal, event official or surveillance equipment to have gained an unfair advantage by intentionally shortening the route of the race ("cutting the course") shall be immediately disqualified from the event and banned from future participation in any SHM event at the discretion of race officials.
3. No persons are authorized to be on the course unless they are registered participants. Therefore, no person shall be allowed to accompany a participant if he/she is not registered in the event, nor shall any participant be allowed, without the permission of the event management, to receive assistance or refreshment from anyone during the progress of the event. Any person not properly displaying an authorized and issued bib number shall be directed to leave the course.
4. A hands-on medical examination during the progress of an event by officially designated medical personnel shall not be considered assistance and will not result in disqualification if participant is deemed medically fit. If a participant becomes ill during or after the Event and/or receives medical attention or treatment either from event medical staff or any doctor or hospital, they must authorise such persons to provide details (including details of medical treatment) to the Medical Director of the SHM or others authorised for same.PARTICIPANT SAFETY
1. The use of wheeled devices by participants or any other person authorized to be on the course shall be strictly limited to (a) authorized and registered competitive wheelchair participants and (b) authorized course marshals on bicycles. Baby joggers, baby strollers, skateboards, rollerblades, unauthorized bicycles or any other wheeled device will not be permitted.
2. Other devices plugged into the ear are banned whilst running for reasons of health & safety, both yours and other competitors. When you wear such a device you are unable to hear other competitors, cars, bicycles or marshals instructions.
3. Participants are responsible for their recognition and understanding of event signage, symbols and colour relating to participant maps, facilities and direction.
4. Medical personnel authorized by the event to do so may examine any participant who appears in distress. If in the sole opinion of authorized medical personnel it is in the best interest of the participant's health and welfare, medical personnel may remove the participant from the event.
5. Participants must retire at once from race if ordered to do so by a member of the event’s official staff, official medical staff, or any governmental authority, including fire and police officers.
6. Participants are responsible and assume liability for any and all medical expenses incurred as a result of training for and/or participation in the event, including but not limited to ambulance transport, hospital stays, physician and pharmaceutical goods and services.
7. Event officials reserve the right to delay, cancel, or suspend the race due to inclement weather in accordance with Emergency Protocol on severe emergencies and/or inclement weather. No refund will be issued in these circumstances.RESULT TIMING
1. All results will be fully available on the event website after each race. Full and final results will continue to be submitted to relevant parties for the purposes of verification of entries to other races and for ranking systems.AMMENDMENTS / RESERVATIONS / ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS
1. Event officials reserve the right, to modify, supplement or waive all or part of the event rules.
2. Participants shall be bound by any modification or supplement of the event rules published prior to the event.
3. Failure to follow these event rules, as may be amended, will result in immediate disqualification, loss of prize money and removal from official results.